Massive lower gastrointestinal haemorrhage in a teenager caused by Campylobacterenteritis
- 1Department of Paediatric Urology, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
- 2Department of Paediatric Urology, Great Ormond Street Children Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
- 3Department of Paediatric Surgery, LRI, Leicester, UK
- 4Department of Paediatric Surgery, NNUH, Norwich, UK
- Correspondence to Ramnik Patel,
A 14-year-old boy presented with a very unusual complication of massive lower gastrointestinal bleeding mimicking bleeding from Meckel's diverticulum who needed blood transfusions and required mini-exploration. He was found to have Campylobacter enteritis with bleeding from multiple mucosal ulcers in the ileocaecal region, which is presented with a review of the literature.