Eosinophilic ulcer of the tongue in an 80-year-old Iranian woman after a psychologically stressful event
- 1Department of Radiation Oncology, Shahid Sadoghi University of Medical Sciences, Yazd, Iran
- 2Department of Pathology, Shohaday-e-Kargar Hospital, Yazd, Iran
- 3Department of Pathology, Shohaday-e- Karegar Hospital, Yazd, Iran
- 4Shahid Sadoghi Hospital, Yazd, Iran
- Correspondence to Dr Ali Akhavan,
Eosinophilic ulcer of the oral mucosa is a benign self-limiting, chronic lesion more frequently seen in the oral cavity or tongue that can mimic squamous cell carcinoma. The pathogenesis of this problem is unknown. In this paper, we present a case of an 80-year-old woman with eosinophilic ulcer of the tongue after a psychologically stressful event.