Interventricular low-grade oligodendroglioma with multiple parenchymal relapse
- 1Department of Radiotherapy, Shahid Sadoghi University, Yazd, Islamic Republic of Iran
- 2Department of Pathology, Shahid Sadoghi University, Yazd, Islamic Republic of Iran
- 3Department of Radiotheraphy, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
- 4Shahid Sadoghi University, Yazd, Islamic Republic of Iran
- Correspondence to Dr Ali Akhavan,
Oligodendrogliomas can be found anywhere oligodendrocytes exist; however, they mostly occur in frontal lobes. Although intra- and extra central nervous system dissemination of anaplastic oligodendroglioma is a well-known property of this tumour, low-grade oligodendroglioma with intracranial relapse is a very uncommon finding. In this case report, a 37-year-old man with grade II oligodendroglioma relapsed after 18 months with multiple parenchymal masses is presented.
Competing interests None.
Patient consent Obtained.