Unusual mechanism of tendoachilles injury
- Correspondence to Arun Bhaskaran,
A 67-year-old woman sustained electric shock while using her hair dryer. During this process her left leg shot up in the air following which she could not walk properly with that leg. She attended the accident and emergency and, considering a possibility of an undisplaced fracture of the calcaneum, she was referred to the fracture clinic the next day. She was clinically diagnosed to have tendoachilles rupture and this was further confirmed by an ultrasound scan. Predisposing factors like drug intake or chronic inflammatory arthritis were excluded and she was treated with conservative management.
Competing interests None.
Patient consent Obtained.